DaVinci Images Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
As an industry, professional photography has embraced the need to reduce the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing, personal protection equipment and shelter in place orders. Independent, professional photographers are often the hardest hit by financial loss from economic downturns and especially under current conditions. Like many people, I am eager to get back to work quickly as appropriate.
At DaVinci Images, safety is my main priority at all times, including flu season and certainly during the CoronaVirus-19 pandemic. I would like you to know that do not take the current outbreak in the Austin area lightly. I share your concerns about the spread of the virus and wish to protect your family as well as my own.
Since this situation is likely to be with us for some time, I would like to share with you the steps I am taking to ensure the studio environment remains safe and clean for your portrait session. The process will follow guidelines for phased-in re-opening of businesses as established by the Centers for Disease Control and local governments.
I will be updating this as required and following the CDC’s guidelines closely. If you have any concerns or would like to chat further about booking a session or attending a portrait session, please call me at 512-293-9265 or send me an email at [email protected].
If you or anyone in your household feels unwell (even mildly) before your session, please contact me as soon as possible so we can reschedule for another time.
If I (or anyone in my household) becomes unwell (even mildly) or comes into contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms, you will be notified immediately and we can reschedule for a future time.
My photo sessions usually include only the client, however, if you plan to bring a companion, and you or anyone attending the session with you, appears to be unwell or have a cough, fever or other symptoms of a virus, the session will be halted and all clients and guests will be asked to leave. You session will be rescheduled.
In person consultations are preferable before each photo session, but much can be accomplished by telephone calls or, even better, internet video chats. Computer and cell phone technology has proven very effective in this unusual time. They are being widely used today and it is a new tool for many people. Examples of the vision for a photo session can quickly and easily be shared in both directions.
Photo sessions will be conducted only by appointment to allow sufficient time to sanitize equipment and common areas after each session. Only one client session will be held in the studio each day. If the session is held offsite, only one client will be staged in the immediate area.
Anyone expecting to enter the studio who is sick will be instructed to stay home. Prior to arrival, a phone call with the client will include the following screening questions:
- How are you feeling?
- Have you had a cough or any flu-like or COVID symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you had any difficulty breathing or had a fever in the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms with the last 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined, or have you visited anyone sick or quarantined outside your household
A non-touch temperature reading will be taken on arrival for each photo session client. Anyone with a fever exceeding 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to enter the studio, and client sessions will be rescheduled.
- CDC guidelines on proper sanitation, hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, use of PPE, and other protective behaviors will be diligently followed.
- Dressing room, bathroom and photo station areas of the studio will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after every session and before the next client arrives.
- Sanitation of all props, chairs, benches with which a client may come into contact, and will be cleaned and sanitized along with the facilities. Wardrobe items used from the studio closet will be cleaned and sanitized, including clothing, shoes and jewelry.
- Sanitation of common areas, including door knobs (interior and exterior), counter tops, pens and pencils, tablets and monitors
- Hand washing will be implemented before and after all photo sessions and be recommended for clients as well.
- Hair and makeup service will be eliminated for the foreseeable future to further limit exposure. Makeup tips for your photo session will be provided once your session is booked.
- Unnecessary paper products or decor (magazines, newspapers, and extraneous sales materials) will be removed from the space.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
PPE such as masks and gloves will be used while working with clients. Recently released federal guidelines recommend that this measure continue through the end of phase three (https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/).
Social distancing / No touch
Social distancing and no-touch posing methods will be implemented when at all possible. Zoom and longer lenses will be used to enable sufficient spacing between the photographer and the client.
Last update: 1/5/2021